Are you a first time home buyer anxious about beginning your home search? Relocating to the Upper Valley and need to find a new place to call home? Perhaps you live here and are ready to make a change- down-size or up-size, in town or rural, historic or contemporary, condo or single-family home. There are many decisions to make and many types of homes to choose from.
The Hardest Thing About The Home Buying Process Is Knowing Where To Start!
- What town do you hope to live in? Or, which towns would you like to consider when searching for a home?
- Is the school system a factor? If so, which school system(s) do you want to be in?
- How close do you want to be to bus route, grocery store, neighborhood shopping, hospital, church, etc.?
- What type of home are you looking for? Single family, condo, townhome or duplex? One story or multiple stories? How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Is acreage important? What architectural design? Waterfront? In town or rural?
- What is the condition of the home? New construction or existing? Updated or fixer upper?
- What amenities are important to you? Garage, Patio, Deck, Yard, Pool, Den, Eat in Kitchen, Laundry Room, Finished Basement, Attic, Wood stove, Fireplace, Hardwood Floors, Carpeting, Primary Bedroom, Primary Bath, Dining Room, Paved Driveway
How Housing Solutions Can Help As Buyer Agents
… As Buyer Agents we provide professional consultation throughout the purchase process highlighted below:
Review Your Budget – Budgeting your money is very important step in preparing for home ownership. Most consumers interested in purchasing a home need to save money for their down payment, closing costs and other expenses associated with moving and home maintenance.
Identify Loan Amount – Visit a lender and be pre-qualified for a mortgage loan – we can provide contact information for local lenders.
Buying Your Home: Settlement Costs and Information is a great booklet for answers on closing costs!
Assess Your Needs – Identify the features in a home that will be most important to you and your family.
Search for properties – We help you identify properties which best fit your criteria, schedule housing tours, go on showings with you and provide feedback on properties until you identify the right property.
Purchase and Sales Agreement – We help you to make an offer and negotiate a purchase price on a property. Be sure your offer is contingent on your ability to obtain the mortgage needed and any inspections you wish to have.
Inspection – Arrange for a professional home inspector to look at the property – we can provide contact information for professional inspectors.
Complete Loan Package – Contact your mortgage lender to complete your application. Be sure to respond promptly to any requests from the lender for information.
Lender Approval – The lender’s formal approval of your loan request is called a “commitment letter.” Give a copy of this letter to your Realtor to confirm that you have complied with the terms of your contract with the seller.
Closing – At the closing, you will sign all of the mortgage documents and receive the deed and keys to your home from the seller.