Carmel, Indiana is a vibrant city located just north of Indianapolis. This popular suburban city has a population of about 100,000 yet still has the charm of a small town and close-knit community. Discover all of the wonderful things you can see and do in Carmel!
View Carmel Listings Contact Realty World Harbert Company
Education in Carmel, Indiana
Carmel Clay Schools is the public school district for the city overseeing eleven elementary schools, three middle schools, and one high school. The district is a leader in academic achievement and is widely recognized for its staff, teachers, and curriculum. Carmel is also home to many highly-rated private schools, including University High School wich focuses on college preparation.
Shopping in Carmel, Indiana
From upscale boutiques and department stores to unique local shops, you'll find a variety of options for any shopping need in Carmel.
- Clay Terrace: Visit this outdoor mall that features a variety of upscale shops and restaurants surrounded by lush landscaping and tranquil fountains. Clay Terrace also hosts events throughout the year such as day festivals and live music. Take in the scenery while shopping, you can even bring your pet to the Clay Terrace dog park while visiting!
- Carmel City Center: A vibrant shopping and entertainment hub at the heart of downtown Carmel that features an array of retail outlets from luxury brands to local boutiques, as well as restaurants to satisfy any palate. Spend your whole day discovering the endless things to do at the Carmel City Center!
Dining in Carmel, Indiana
Whether they are located in the shopping centers above or other locations throughout the city, the dining options in Carmel are endless. If you're looking for the perfect date night spot or a casual eatery for relaxed family dining, you'll find it here. Savor hearty Irish fare at Muldoon's on Main, or treat your taste buds to some homemade pasta at Convivio. For dessert lovers, there are multiple ice cream shops and bakeries peppered throughout the city!
Carmel Arts & Design District
If you are a fan of the arts you are in luck as Carmel has a thriving arts and design district. Visit the Center for Performing Arts, which includes two theaters and a concert hall, or browse through the multiple art galleries in the city. Also within the district is over 15 showrooms and design professionals within the Indiana Design Center, where you can find residential and commercial design products. Find the inspiration you need for your next big project and take in the surroundings of all different types of art in the Carmel Art & Design District.
Parks in Carmel, Indiana
Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation manages over 20 parks and greenways throughout the city, all with unique features and allowing you to enjoy the outdoors!
- Bear Creek Park - open greenspace with plans for development
- Carey Grove Park - playground, outdoor exercise equipment, open greenspace
- Central Dog Park - large and small dog areas, membership required
- Central Park - 159-acre park featuring splash pad, trails, community center, playground, dog park, skatepark
- Cherry Tree Park - neighborhood park with open greenspace
- Flowing Well Park - nature trail, fishing, artesian well
- Founders Park - playground, greenspace, sport fields, fishing
- Greyhound Trail - 0.6 mile trail with historic bridge
- Hagan-Burke Trail - 1.4 mile paved trail
- Hazel Landing Park - greenspace, fishing, 18-hole disc golf course, canoe/kayak launch
- Lawrence W. Inlow Park - splash pad, playground, pickleball courts, 9-hole disc golf course
- Lenape Trace Park - open greenspace, picnic shelter, 0.75 mile trail
- Meadowlark Park - fishing pier, unique playground, pickleball courts, walking trails
- Monon Greenway - Carmel's section of the Monon Trail, a 25 mile long asphalt trail
- Prairie Meadow Park - native prairie grass, 0.25 paved trail
- River Heritage Park - inclusive playground, wheelchair accessible 0.75 mile nature trail, nature overlooks
- Thomas Marcuccilli Nature Park - open greenspace with plans for development
- Vera J. Hinshaw Preserve - undeveloped nature preserve with goals of removing invasive species
- West Park - 120-acre park with playground, splash pad, trails, fishing
- White River Greenway - one-mile asphalt trail
The Coxhill Gardens are also located in Carmel. Enjoy open greenspace, walking/biking trails, fishing, and a playground within the park's borders. Also located here are twin clock towers, a historic mansion, a museum, and children's gardens. This venue is a popular location for events and weddings.